Ref NoWBA/BT/12
TitleInternational Wholesale
DescriptionCollection of papers relating to the international wholesale function of the business. Contains minutes of departmental meetings, legal and accounting records for subsidiary companies, personnel records, correspondence related to manufacturing, marketing files, order and sales records, packaging and internal and external communications. The catalogue is in the process of being updated and additional entries for this function are anticipated.
LevelFunction
Administrative HistoryIn 1919 Boots’ first overseas sales division was established in India. Mr Tilden was appointed on a commission basis handling a limited number of Packed Goods lines. He was then joined by Mr Paxton. The number of lines were increased to 20 by 1922. In 1924 agents were appointed in Singapore, Colombo, Rangoon, Bombay and Madras.
The Wholesale and Export Department became known as the Wholesale and International Divisions in 1956. The name was changed to reflect the change in the international business from a wholly export arrangement to one where Boots products and dieas were licensed to overseas operators. The new division was headed up by J W Seekings.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2017