Place NameStore 650
Place EntryStore 650/Princes Street/Edinburgh/Scotland
CodeNA1058
NotesBoots Cash Chemists Northern Ltd. Purchased 1910 and re-built and opened 1912 at 101 Princes Street. Small adjoining premises [101a Princes Street] opened in 1954. Transferred 1 Feb 1954 to 101/103 Princes Street (CAIS 8634 image). Departments included Drug/Medicine, Toilet & Nursery, Surgical, Photographic, Fancy, Silver, Stationery and Book. The store had a Library which opened c1924 to c1965. The store also had a Trained nurse on staff. The Store exterior has similar rounded window effect and decorative glass panels as Pelham Street, Nottingham. First floor has stained glass window with a carved stone statue either side and highly decorative panel above the glass. On the 11 Sept 1965 the store was closed for a major refurbishment, reopining on the 17 Nov 1966. Nearly 20 years later the store was closed again for another major refit in early 1984. The store was still there in 2016.

Show related catalogue records.

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2017