Place NameStore 1200
Place EntryStore 1200/Royal Exchange/Manchester/Greater Manchester/England
CodeNA143
NotesBoots Cash Chemists Lancashire Ltd. Opened on the 8 June 1923, it was the largest branch in company at the time at Royal Exchange 2. The Library opened in 1923 and a Hairdressing salon opened April 1928. The stores facilities included a lounge and Gents' smoking room. The branch was closed due to war damage in early 1941, and the business was transferred to 6 St Anns Square temporarily. It reopened on the 28 July 1947 this time to 12-16 Market Street, but was a small store limited in scale. The premises returned on 31st March 1950 to the Royal Exchange Buildings, Cross Street. A new additional 1st floor sales area was added from the 13 July 1964. The store was transferred in 1979 to 32 Market Street.

Show related catalogue records.

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018