Place NameStore 600
Store 676
Place EntryStore 600/Sauchiehall Street/Glasgow/Scotland
CodeNA1916
NotesThe store opened 1902 at 101-105 Sauchiehall Street. The branch had a Booklovers Library which opened c1919, it closed c1965. John Boot would not allow any major alterations to be made to the store, however some did take place shortly after his death. Some of the staff known to have worked there are: Duncan McGregor - Manager - 1949-1956; Andrew Cunningham, senior porter in 1970; Susan Bowman, drug assistant, 1970; Helen Watson, toilet department, 1970 (served the last customer); Catherine Wright, toilet senior, 1970; Maureen Harkness, 1970. The branch was closed on the 11 April 1970 and at time of closure it was the oldest store in Scotland. After its closure the store was transferred in to ex-Timothy Whites premises at 123 Sauchiehall Street and became store no.676 on transfer. The branch transferred again on the 8th Nov 1977 to 200 Sauchiehall Street and once again became store no.600, still there 2017.

Show related catalogue records.

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2017